Sunday, January 6, 2013

Eggplant Burgers Recipe! Gluten Free!

I had no idea what to make for lunch so I whipped out some leftover mince, some bok choy, tomato & eggplant.. Hmm.. Let's try to make burgers using eggplant in place of the bread..

I mixed garlic, chilli & an egg into the mince, mixed it all up and grilled flattened dollops on both sides until golden (burger patties).. I lightly cooked a bit of bok choy in the pan while the burgers were cooking (2-3mins for bok choy). Then removed burgers from pan and add sliced eggplant.

Eggplant should be rinsed first and salted. I used a pinch of veggie salt on either side of the eggplant slices. I turned the pan heat up and grilled until nice and brown. Eggplant will taste funny if not cooked properly.

Once all cooked I layered it up, added some cottage cheese & pepper and a dash of chilli sauce and viola.. Nice healthy lunch with a twist.



No comments:

Post a Comment